Changing the world happens one student at a time, not in bulk at big events because students do not connect to programs, they connect to people. The most effective way students are influenced is by significant relationships with key people in their lives. Our goal is to develop adult youth leaders who will minister to students on a personal level.
The teenagers in our youth groups need adult leaders who will…
- Grow spiritually on a personal leve and let Him live through them.
- Be interested in their lives.
- Take the initiative to spend time with them.
- Pray for them.
- Be real.
- Say encouraging words.
- Believe in them.
- Go to “their world.”
- Remember their names and care for them.
- Share God’s love through personal experience.
- Be consistent in life and ministry.
- Be patient.
- Enjoy life.
- Be a leader, not a peer.
What else do teenagers need from their youth leaders?
Posted on January 28, 2009