Every couple weeks I tend to get an email from a church asking me to recommended candidates for their youth ministry position. Although I have made recommendations in the past when I know of youth workers who are looking for a job, most of the time I my “youth pastor bank” is pretty dry. So, rather than trying to play matchmaker like some kind of eharmony for churches and youth workers, I may post some of those job opportunities here in case any of you guys looking. I probably won’t make a habit out of this, though, since there’s plenty of ways out there already for these kinds of connections to be made.
I’ve been in dialog over email with Prairie Lakes Church for a couple days now and from what I can tell, they seem like a solid church with a healthy perspective on ministry. Contact Terry directly if you’re interested.
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
Nestled in the heart of the Cedar Valley, Prairie Lakes Church is a growing, evangelical church with a mission to Point People to God. We are seeking a catalytic leader to develop and administer all facets of student ministries for grades 6-12, focusing primarily on small groups, Bible studies and discipleship. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing activities for teens to promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement.
- Must be passionate about teenagers and totally sold out to the mission and vision of reaching teenagers for Christ.
- Must be a leader of leaders, willing and able to train and equip other adults.
- Must be convinced this is your life calling and vocation, not a stepping-stone to your real dream job.
- Must be technology-savvy.
- Must have keen insight into the youth culture and issues facing youth today.
- Must be creative and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have large church experience (1500+).
- Must be able to respond to this ad by Dec. 31, 2007.
This is an immediate, full-time position offering competitive salary and benefits. If you have been yearning for a healthy environment where you can play to your strengths, please submit your resume today, with cover letter including salary history.
Terry Kampman, HR Director
Prairie Lakes Church
1907 Viking Road
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Posted on December 13, 2007