Last Monday we had a great conversation with Matt Archer about family ministry. Two years ago his church shifted its focus a bit by combining children and youth ministry and changed his title to Family Ministry Pastor. He shares a bit about the history behind that shift, the programs they cut, and how it currently fleshes itself out in his church’s ministry.
Some of the things we talked about:
- How to start changing the mindset in your church from children and youth ministry to family ministry
- Why a comprehensive plan from child through adult ministry is important
- Resources for shifting to family-based ministry
- The story of one church’s shift from “silo” stage-of-life ministry to family-based ministry
- Including teens and children who don’t have Christian parents or have no parents at all
- And a lot more…
You can listen to the whole conversation below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on May 31, 2010