Last month I posted an entry asking for your feedback on the Student Leadership Team I’m putting together for my youth group. This is my first time doing something like this, so I’m sure my Student Leadership Team info packet will continue to undergo revisions as it becomes less of a theoretical program for me, but this is what I have so far. Maybe one of your ministries can benefit from my brainstorming and the advice I’ve sought from those who are more experienced.
Contents of the Student Leadership Team info packet
1. Welcome letter.
2. If God is leading you to work with the SLT.
3. What you can expect from the adult leaders.
4. What you can expect from the youth pastor.
5. Our general philosophy of youth ministry.
6. Our vision for the youth ministry.
7. Expectations of student leaders.
8. Student leadership boundaries.
9. Qualities of a student leader.
10. What the youth group needs from student leaders.
11. Areas of ministry you can be a part of.
12. Ministry interests.
13. Student Leadership Team application.
14. Student Leadership Team reference form.
15. Your prayer support team.
16. Time to commit.
CONTRIBUTE TO FREEBIE FRIDAY: If you’ve benefited from others who have freely shared their youth ministry resources online, consider giving back to the community by sharing your own materials here. Send me your donations for review and if I publish them in a Freebie Friday, you’ll receive full credit, a link, lots of gratitude and a warm feeling inside that comes from sharing with others.
Posted on May 18, 2007