A very real issue for those of us who serve in youth ministry is attending to our own souls. While we may feel expected to always be spiritually growing and on some sort of never-ending spiritual high in front of the people we serve, we all know that on the inside that’s not always the reality.
In last Monday’s LIVE YM Talk we discussed some of these issues.
- The expectation to be a spiritually thriving all the time.
- Can we ask kids to do something spiritually we’re not doing ourselves?
- Are we paid to be “professional Christians?”
- Can we combine personal time with the Lord with lesson prep?
- How can we grow closer to the Lord through ministry life?
- And a lot more.
Panelists in this episode:
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on September 4, 2010