I’ve been using TheParentLink.com for a couple years now for my parent ministry newsletter. Every month they provide an customizable newsletter full of great content, insights and resources for parents. You can add your own logo, write your own columns if you want or use their default content, which is usually pretty excellent. Each newsletter also includes a calendar where you can post scheduled events and meetings. When you’re finished, they give you several ways to save and distribute your newsletter: PDF, HTML or Word document. Personally, I archive a PDF version on our youth group website, print out several copies on 11×17 paper for our youth display at church, and then distribute the HTML version by email (I import the HTML newsletter file into an email that retains the layout and all formatting).
- Complete: A ready-to-print, monthly newsletter
- Flexible: Customize 2 articles, calendar and more
- Relevant: Biblical-based content, 7-12th grade topics
- Affordable: $99 per year (that’s only $8.25 a month)
Each month covers a different topic. Some recent topics are:
- Teaching your teens to manage their time
- Encouraging your teen’s talents
- The disconnect of integrity
- Helping your teens find THE answer
- Joining the fight against poverty
- Teaching teens that words matter
To take a tour and find out more information, go to TheParentLink.com.
Posted on November 15, 2007