I’ve never heard of the book Accidential Youth Leader, but Marshall posted some good quotes from it.
– Young people are purpose-built by God to shake the status-quo of the previous generation.
– When God went looking for a king, He went looking for a young person.
– There are only 2 reasons you go to school – to eat lunch and to talk about Jesus.
– Position doesn’t give you the right to speak into someone’s life – relationship does.
– The youth leader/pastor who does not honour and serve their senior pastor is a fool.
Characteristics of great team members:
– GTMs (great team members ) are able to bring a touch of God
– GTMs know how to succeed
– GTMs are able to fit in the house
– GTMs attract the favour of people
– GTMs are able to see the bigger picture
– GTMs are able to instinctively recognise & respect boundaries
– GTMs are willing to serve God’s person
– GTMs are able to look good (what r u reflecting?)
– GTMs can see dreams
– GTMs can interpret dreams
Posted on March 8, 2006