Based on the feedback from the reader survey we did last month, you guys indicated that you appreciated the Links ‘n Vids posts when I pointed you to blog posts, articles and videos that stood out to me around the youth ministry blogosphere. A couple of you also indicated that you’d like to see more collaboration between LISM and other youth ministry bloggers.
To combine the two, I talked with Brian Ford, a youth pastor in Indiana who blogs at Xposed2Jesus.com. He was already doing a series highlighting other youth ministry posts, so we joined efforts and hope to make Links ‘n Vids a weekly feature here on LISM now.
Here’s what Brian has to say:
It took some begging, but we made the move from Xposed2Jesus.com here to LISM. All jokes aside I’m excited to be teaming up with Tim to bring you what used to be the X2J Top 5 Pick Ministry Blogs of the Week to what will develop into Brian’s Links and Tim’s Vids. Our goal is to provide you with the latest blogs and posts from those in youth ministry that you already know, as well as those that are not read or noticed often, but provide some really good content.
Without further adue, here’s this week’s recommended youth ministry reading and videos.
- Four (4) Cries of Students Heart – Doug Franklin
- When Leaders Fall: What are the missed signs? – Doug Fields
- Being Normal – Brit Windel
- Everything is Different…Everything is the Same – Brian Ford
- Why There’s No Room for Selfishness in Youth Ministry. – Brian Fulton (YM360)
- Ultimate Caption Fail – This has nothing to do with youth ministry. It’s just super funny!
- Dare2Share Untour highlights and interviews – Shameless plug for the video I made at Dare2Share’s conference last weekend.
- Doug Fields is vlogging! – And he’s doing a pretty darn good job at it, too! If you have a YouTube account, be sure to subscribe to Doug’s videos. (And you can check out my own vlogs, too, if you’d like.)
Posted on February 9, 2011