This question is something I struggle with in my own ministry. How do you get a team of youth leaders all together at the same time for the purpose of training, encouragement, support, and unity?
Since the panelists had last minute responsibilities that come up and were unable to make the show, I basically shared the story of what’s going on in our ministry and asked that you would listen and leave your feedback in the comments below. I also answered some questions from people in the live chat room about working with volunteers.
Here’s some of the questions I asked and discussed from my ministry’s context:
- What different ways have you tried in the past of getting everyone together for training? What’s worked the best and why?
- What do you do with their valuable time in those meetings?
- What do you do with the volunteer who rarely shows up for trainings?
- How do you prioritize what they need to be trained about first?
- What training material you use?
- Why investing the budget into volunteers for training is the best use of your budget.
This has been a struggle for me the past couple years here at my church, so I’m hoping you guys can help me out! I’ll share part of my story on the call.
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on July 24, 2010