It can be frustrating to serve in a youth group and continually hear lame excuse after lame excuse from youth group kids about why they chose something else over your event, why they don’t pay attention, and many other things.
In last week’s LIVE YM Talk we discussed the common excuses we hear from students and how we we can best answer them. The excuses we specifically discussed are:
- “I couldn’t come to youth group because I had homework.”
- “My parents grounded me and I can’t go to youth group.”
- “I never knew about the event.”
- “I don’t know anyone who’s going on the trip.”
- “I’m going to another YG because my bf/gf goes to a different group.”
- “The trip costs too much money for me to go.”
- Helping the kid who’s passive and doesn’t want to engage with the group.
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on April 5, 2011