I’ve been saving up some of these for a while as I come across them on the web, so it’s probably about time I share them before it’s all old news.
Here are some of the blog posts and videos that stood out to me lately. Also, below are the four latest questions asked by youth workers at MinistryQuestions.com. If you have any input for them, please post your response to their question on the site.
Blogs and Articles
- Team Care Assessment – Some questions to go through with your volunteer team to assess your communication together.
- What are the top 10 characteristics of a healthy youth ministry? – Kenda Dean shares her thoughts on what common traits should be seen in a healthy youth ministry.
- Here it comes – If you’re a youth pastor who likes your pizza parties, time is running out. Youth ministry in changing!
- Simple and obvious – As you head into the fall, consider Steven Furtick’s advice for communicating your ministry’s vision.
- How students use technology – An interesting info graphic about how college students are using technology.
- Internet use affects memory – A study finds that we are remembering less because we depend on the Internet to “remember” it for us.
- Becoming financially free on a pastor’s salary – My wife writes about part of our own journey on our new blog, MinistryFamily.com. Dave Ramsey’s people even contacted us to use this in their newsletter!
- Two false assumptions we can’t make – Two good thoughts from Perry Noble that we sometimes assume that aren’t always true.
- Reporter has scary moment – If the trust fall is getting kinda lame, consider this tactic for building trust with your youth group kids! lol
- Jonah & Bob: A sticky faith story – Great youth ministry story! Watch this especially if you need some encouragement.
- How to stretch money further in college – Every week I talk with teens, youth leaders, parents, and adults to create a video answering a question on YouTube that’s asked by one of the teen viewers. Here’s one of my recent videos answering a teen’s question about being poor in college.
- What types of service projects have you done “in-house”?
- What do you do for Fall Kick-off?
- Any GOOD magazines?
- How does your group welcome new leaders?
Posted on August 25, 2011