For this weekend only, the D6 Conference guys are giving away 4 video sessions and 6 mp3 sessions from last year’s D6 Conference. If you weren’t able to attend the D6 Conference (a.k.a. Deuteronomy 6 Conference) last year, this is a perfect opportunity to jump in and glean from these family ministry leaders.
The line-up of free sessions you can snag this weekend include:
- David Platt – The American Dream and the Gospel
- Brian Haynes – What is Family Ministry?
- Richard Ross – Reaching the Heart of the Next Generation
- Garnett Reid – Leaving a Legacy that Matters
- Ed Stetzer – Attitudes and Practices That Lead to Robust Spiritual Formation
- Michelle Anthony – The Transforming Power of Christ for a New Generation
- Rob Reinow – Transforming Youth and Children’s Ministry
- Sean McDowell – Equipping Young People With a Biblical Worldview
- Voddie Baucham – Equipping Parents to Do Their Work
- Beth Guckenberger – Equipping Women to Be Agents of Reconciliation
You can find it all on the D6 Days site from now until this Sunday.
My family ministry processing
I’m excited to attend the D6 Conference in Louisville later this year. As some of you know, I’ve been wrestling through a lot of issues surrounding family ministry for the past two years. While I’ve been relatively silent about those issues here on LISM, I’m hoping to start talking about them soon. I first need to understand what family is within the context of my own family before I feel like I have anything to offer publicly about it. And, not surprisingly, the more I dig into what I believe about family and the implications it has for my own family, the more I feel like I have less to offer. Funny how that works.
In the meantime, check out what D6 is doing this weekend over at D6 Days. Hope it blesses you all!
Posted on May 2, 2013