This week guest blogger Brett Hetherington, of Confessions of a Human Being, graciously supplies this fantabulous resource. Seriously, this guy made a huge donation for us all. Check out his blog and say, “Thank you!” :) Here’s his review:
Evangelism is an integral part of any student ministry, but how do you teach your teens to evangelize when they don’t even know what the word means?
Evangelism for My Life is a 5-part series on this very topic that is designed to give teens a primer for how to share their faith with their friends. It is not exhaustive (as if any 5-part series could be), but here is what you will experience as you teach this series:
- Students will discover what Evangelism is, and the difference between group evangelism and one-on-one evangelism.
- Students will explore the idea that we are living in God’s story, and share His story through sharing our story.
- Students will be given the opportunity to write their own story (testimony) of God’s interaction in their life.
- Students will be given the opportunity to ask questions about evangelism (part 5 are the questions my group asked).
- Students will discover that there are several types of “lost people.”
The series includes editable Power Point, Word and Publisher documents, JPEG images, as well as Adobe PDF files of just about everything. It calls for several resources that you can use, but you can find other options that will work just as well. This is a great series to get teens thinking outside the box about sharing God’s story with their friends.
CONTRIBUTE TO FREEBIE FRIDAY: If you’ve benefited from others who have freely shared their youth ministry resources online, consider giving back to the community by sharing your own materials here. Send me your donations for review and if I publish them in a Freebie Friday, you’ll receive full credit, a link, lots of gratitude and a warm feeling inside that comes from sharing with others.
[tags]evangelism, teaching series[/tags]
Posted on June 8, 2007