Last Monday we had a great discussion about how we handle cliques at youth group. Are they something we should address? If so, why and how do we do so appropriately? Or, if breaking them up is usually a futile effort, how can we use them to our advantage instead?
Some of the issues we discussed are:
- Defining cliques vs friendship groups
- Why cliques occur
- The positive aspects from cliques that we don’t want to lose
- Cliques, identity and adolescent development
- Utilizing cliques to your benefit
- Ideas for mixing our students with each other
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on October 30, 2010