Last Monday we had a pretty frank discussion about conflict in the church. As long as we’re working with people, conflict is bound to come up and how you deal with it can make or break your ministry. Since conflict often requires confrontation, we discussed that a bit, too. It’s never easy nor fun, but is often necessary and can have a long-lasting positive effect when done well.
Some of the things we talked about:
- Adjusting your attitude before confronting
- The difference between addressing sin issues and disagreement issues
- How to respond appropriately to criticism
- When to vent to others and who to go to
- Principles for confrontation
The two articles that came up in our discussion:
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on August 28, 2010