One of the features I really enjoy here at Life In Student Ministry is the opportunity to offer you guys 10 weeks one-on-one with one of the veteran youth ministry mentors.
We try to do a 10 week mentoring round with you every spring and fall. We’re a little late on starting the Fall 2011 round, but we’re excited to be pushing this out now!
We have an amazing team of 26 youth ministry veterans on board, all of whom have been doing “life in student ministry” for more than 10 years.
Stories from former mentees
Check out the stories from Tobey Nichols and Seth Rowe to see how this mentorship process impacted them and their ministry.
Also check out a couple other former mentees sharing their stories on YouTube.
If you have been in youth ministry for 5 years or fewer, we want to serve you with one-on-one youth ministry mentoring for 10 weeks straight. Here’s how it works.
- Read the Overview of the Mentorship as well as the goals, expectations, and other information outlined there.
- If you’ve been in youth ministry for 5 years or fewer and would like a mentor to consider you, fill out the application in its entirety. It is open to anyone who serves in youth ministry in any capacity, whether that be on a volunteer basis or as a full-time youth pastor. The application closes on October 10.
- The team of mentors will pour through all the applications and each will select a mentee. If you are selected, I will email you by October 16 with who offered to mentor you and how to proceed.
- You and your mentor will connect to determine a time each week for your one-on-one phone conversation.
- The 10 weeks of mentoring starts on October 17 and ends the week of December 19, 2011.
The price for this 10 week one-on-one youth ministry mentoring is $99 to help cover the costs and time for putting this together. It also covers the cost of the books and shipping for those who need one, two, or all three of the texts. There is no charge to apply — pay only if you’re selected by one of the mentors.
Conversely, if you’re in a position to help sponsor someone else’s 10 week mentoring experience, please consider contributing to the scholarship fund.
For contributions over $20, I will send you a complementary autographed copy of my book, “Life In Student Ministry: Practical Conversations on Thriving in Youth Ministry.”
Free online “mentoring”
Whether you’re accepted or not, whether you’ve been in youth ministry for 5 years or 10 years, MinistryQuestions.com is always available. You can receive a lot of good advice, input, ideas, and recommendations from that online community of youth workers.
Posted on October 5, 2011