Well, here it is — my 500th post. I don’t really know what to say now that I’ve reached this milestone, which is probably odd for a blogger, but I guess I’m not an ordinary blogger anyway. Most bloggers hit 500 posts in six months to a year, but it’s taken me two years and a month. Most of the normal blogging recommendations aren’t really applied here either: I don’t blog every day, I don’t go through my RSS reader every day and I don’t promote my site much to others. *shrugs* The main blogging recommendation I do follow is making the site my own and showing authenticity when appropriate.
I had no real goals in mind when I started this blog, but here are some goals I’d like to meet and continue for my next 500 posts.
- Encourage other youth workers.
- Provide helpful resources that will advance the Kingdom.
- Discuss various issues and topics related to youth ministry.
- Share the work God is doing in my personal life and ministry.
- Network with other youth workers.
- Evaluate how I can be more effective in reaching teenagers.
- Look for new ways to communicate God’s timeless Word.
- Have fun!
(If you rearrange the first letter of each sentence above, you get the acrostic, “S.E.N.D. H.E.L.P.” lol Maybe my subconsciousness is trying to tell you something.)
Posted on July 18, 2007