If you’ve been in ministry for longer than a few weeks, you’ve no doubt felt frustrated at one point or another. In this LIVE YM Talk recording I talked with Patti Gibbons, Tom Reopke, Tony Roos, and other youth workers about what we do when we feel frustrated and how we respond to it.
Some of the highlights from this episode:
- Common frustrations we all experience
- What are appropriate frustrations to share with your spouse?
- Who CAN we talk with when we’re frustrated and what is appropriate to share?
- When should you go see a professional counselor?
- What if you have no one around you who you can really vent to?
- Is it better to vent with people who are connected to your ministry or totally disconnected to it?
- Boundaries for voicing frustrations
- Being vulnerable about struggles in a church that resists vulnerability
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on January 22, 2011