Last Monday we talked about how to connect God’s Word with students who appear disconnected, apathetic, and distracted. Our featured guests was E.J. Swanson, a speaker who travels the country speaking to teens at camps, retreats, and conferences. His wisdom and experience where very helpful for speaking into this issue.
Some of the things we talked about:
- How passion subconsciously teaches kids
- What NOT to share from your personal life when teaching
- Creating community around your teaching
- Number of kids a full-time youth worker can adequately invest into
- Having your voice heard among many negative voices
- And a whole lot more…
You can listen to the whole conversation below or grab it in iTunes.
Next Monday’s discussion
February 1: Join us for LIVE YM Talk again this Monday! We’re discussing, “The need for theological questioning in youth ministry.” Our guest will be Jake Bouma. We’d love to have you join us! The live conversation starts at 2:00 PM eastern time! See our LIVE YM Talk page for details.
Posted on January 30, 2010