Being single in youth ministry is often a different ball-game than being married. Not only is finding a youth ministry position often more difficult, but earning respect and credibility often is a bigger struggle, not to mention all the pressure a single person sometimes feels anyway.
In this conversation we talk about some of those issues and what it’s like to be a single person in youth ministry. Some of the highlights involve:
- Thought by a single person: “I can do better ministry as a married person than as a single person”
- Appropriate boundaries with students
- Form parents: “You don’t have kids so you don’t know…”
- Having more time to spend with students as a single person
- Dating as a single person in ministry
You can listen to the discussion below or grab it in iTunes.
Posted on May 28, 2011