It’s been a year and a half since I’ve published anything about a freebie site. I kinda backed off since some of you felt it was too “scammy” (although, I think you’re just jealous of the free stuff I got). ;)
Right now I’m doing YouriPad4Free.com. If you’d like a free iPad or Apple gift card for Christmas, this is an easy way to get one!
My past prizes
There’s a lot of freebie sites out there that are just scams and rip-offs, but I’ve worked with this one for several years and it’s completely legit. Actually, if you check out my blog post here, you’ll see the Macbook, HD video camera, Xbox 360 Elite, iPod Touch, and more that I got for free from these guys. I think I’ve received about $10,000 in free stuff so far (totally serious!).
How it works
1. Companies (like NetFlix, for example) are looking for new potential customers to try out their products and services.
2. NetFlix goes to the freebie company and says, “Hey, we’ll give you $80 for every customer you send our way to try out our online DVD rental service.”
3. So the freebie company comes to you and says, “If you try out NetFlix’s service and refer other people to try it through us, or one of our other advertising partner’s services, we’ll split the $80 with you for each person you recruit.”
4. You try out NetFlix’s service and get 6 other people to try it, too (or another product/service offered through the freebie company’s site) by giving your friends and family a special link that the site provides for you to share. (Of course, your friends can then get people to sign-up under their special link so they can work toward a free prize, too, but know that the people they refer have no benefit for you.)
5. After your 6 friends try a product or service, the freebie company says, “Thanks! We’ll give you $240 ($40/referral x 6 referrals) or an iPod Touch. Which do you want?”
6. About a week later, your prize shows up in the mail, or your money shows up in your PayPal account.
Get started with a FREE iPad or Apple gift card!
If you wanna check out the free iPad site, go to YouriPad4Free.com, register an account, complete one of the trial offers and, once you’ve received credit, use your referral link to start signing up your friends to do the same.
Trial offers I’ve completed
Of the trial offers that are currently available, I’ve done eMusic, GameFly, NetFlix, and Pingo. All of them worked smoothly and credited as promised. I actually enjoyed eMusic and NetFlix enough to use their service past the trial offer period. Good stuff!
If you have questions…
If you have any questions about the process, please let me know. I’d love to walk you through it. Personally, I’m doing this iPad site to get the $599 Apple gift card to put toward a Macbook I need for some writing projects I need to crank out while traveling and for presentations at speaking gigs. You can help me get closer to that gift card and also start earning your own free gift card or iPad by signing up here and completing a trial offer.
Complete one of the trial offers and then use your referral link to refer your own friends and family to the site. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, wherever your friends are. Here are 10 ideas about how to earn referrals for your free stuff.
Hope you guys get to enjoy a free iPad or something from your Apple gift card this Christmas!
UPDATE: Thank you to everyone to did this under my referral link! I’ve reached my 12 completed referrals and have submitted my account for review for the free $599 Apple gift card. The link above is for a friend of mine now who is also working toward earning referrals. Thanks for signing up under him!
Posted on December 2, 2010