Eleven weeks ago I launched MinistryQuestions.com to the public. Thanks to a lot of word-of-mouth and social networking, it launched with 30,000 visitors in the very first week! Not bad for not spending a dime on marketing. Thank you all!
I love the community that has surrounded the site! It’s such a wide variety of men and women who are serving in the trenches, encouraging each other, supporting each other, and investing into each other’s ministries. It’s already been an invaluable resource to me as I am challenged by other people’s challenges and forced to think through ministry scenarios I never considered before. And the longer time goes on, the more it grows into an incredible bank of collective wisdom and experiences.
Here are some great questions to check out. Some of these questions are resolved or closed, meaning the question is no longer open to new answers, but some of them are still open for your input.
- How do I tell my teens I’m resigning? [closed]
- Student stopped coming: give it time or approach him about it? [closed]
- Has anyone ever took their graduating seniors on a senior trip? [closed]
- Pregnant teen
- Dealing with suicide
- Do you allow volunteers to take their kids on youth events?
- Girl cutting herself after her mom’s death [closed]
- Implementing change [closed]
Here’s my own latest question: How do you help jr. highers transition into high school ministry?
Here’s a couple interesting debates, too.
- Large group format is a necessary component of youth ministry
- To drink or not to drink? [closed]
- A youth pastor should be the servant of the senior pastor, and execute his vision for the youth department. [closed]
Stop by MinistryQuestions.com and ask your questions, give your input, and bless others as they bless you.
Posted on April 27, 2009