We had a great discussion last Monday answering some of the recent questions and debates that were posted to MinistryQuestions.com. Unfortunately, the service we use to hold the conversations, TalkShoe, was plagued with issues once again, forcing us to switch to Blog Talk Radio for next week’s talk.
Nonetheless, the phone part worked without many hitches, so we were able to discuss a couple topics before our time ran out.
Some of the things we talked about:
- Simply Youth Ministry Conference or National Youth Workers Convention this year?
- Should the ministry’s vision be shared with students?
- Reaching the punk teens versus the preppy teens
- A boy who dates YG girls and causes them to stop coming to youth group
- Online systems for scheduling volunteers
- Knowing how and when to leave a church
- And a whole lot more…
You can listen to the whole conversation below or grab it in iTunes.
Next Monday’s discussion
January 19: Join us for LIVE YM Talk again this Monday! We’re discussing, “What every youth worker can learn from urban youth ministry.” Our guest will be Eric Iverson, the Multi-Cultural Integrity Director for YouthWorks. We’d love to have you join us! The live conversation starts at 2:00 PM eastern time! See our LIVE YM Talk page for details.
Posted on January 16, 2010